Here you can find some answers to your questions regarding Clinical Trials.
1. What is a clinical trial?
2. Why participate in a clinical trial?
3. Who can participate in a clinical trial?
4. What happens during a clinical trial?
5. What is informed consent?
6. What are the benefits and risks of participating in a clinical trial?
7. What are side effects and adverse reactions?
8. How is the safety of the participant protected?
9. What should people consider before participating in a trial?
10. What kind of preparation should a potential participant make for the meeting with the research coordinator or doctor?
11. Does a participant continue to work with a primary health care provider while in a trial?
12. Can a participant leave a clinical trial after it has begun?
13. Where do the ideas for trials come from?
14. Who sponsors clinical trials?
15. What is a protocol?
16. What is a placebo?
17. What are the different types of clinical trials?
18. What are the phases of clinical trials?
19. What is an "expanded access" protocol?